Saturday, June 1, 2013

Rambles Of A Crazy Lady!

I just started this blog last night and I am sure I will probably change it a million times until I get it where I want it.  At this point I am not even sure how I want it to be! 
I think tonight I will start out with a little background on the creators of Itty Bitty Acres.

I was born and raised in Texas, briefly lived in Colorado, but Texas called me back home and this is where I intend to stay.  My husband was born and raised in Colorado and I am sure would love to live there again someday, but am confident when I say that Texas is where he will stay. hehehehe!

My hubby and I have been married for almost 22 years. We have a 20 year old daughter and an 18 year old son.  I am a bookkeeper and my hubby is a GM automotive technician.   I LOVE the country life and he LOVES animals, so put us together and  ITTY BITTY ACRES was  born.  First we decided we wanted to buy a house in the country. I went on the journey of finding the perfect house, but to my surprise my hubby said I know of a house for sale that we should go look at it and there is where our hunt ended.  Our wish list was as follows: 
A. Corner lot or no neighbors close by.
B. A little bit of land.
C. A shop.
D. Fenced in.
E Circle driveway or plenty of parking.
F. Two car garage.
G. Lots of trees.
H. Open concept, 3/2/2
I. Basement
J. Fireplace
K. Hardwood floors.
 Not too long of a list huh?
Well we ended up with 2 1/2 acres on a corner lot, with a shop, a barn bigger than our house, fenced and crossed fenced,  a 3/2/2 with circle driveway, lots of trees, open concept and hardwood floors.   No basement and no fireplace and more land that we thought we would need, but oh well. Now we wished we had more land!!! lol

Once we moved out here 6 years ago we discovered that I love to garden and he really loves  animals! We have always had dogs and cats.....then came the Nigerian Dwarf goats.......then I fell in love with miniature horses, so along came two miniature horses.......my sweetie loves birds so then came the two golden pheasants.     Our future we hope will hold chickens and ducks. We are contemplating raising our own beef, just not confident yet that we could take an animal we raise to slaughter! We are all a bunch of softies!!!!.   Family and friends say we have a petting zoo. :)

Anyway, these are just a few tidbits about our lives.  More will come, and most likely randomly!!!!   

No comments:

Post a Comment