Saturday, June 15, 2013

Busy Saturday

Whew!  Boy am I tired tonight! I got up at six o'clock this morning and I hit the floor running.  I managed to sweep, dust, fold laundry, clean both bathrooms and pay a few bills before 9 am!  Then my sweet hubby and I headed outdoors. We fed all of the animals, let the chickens and duck out to free range, and started working on the chicken run some more.  Den started digging post holes to put up two support poles in the middle of the run to keep the netting up and I continued to attach the chicken wire to the pole fencing that is already up.  I think I have twisted and snipped off so much wire that I am going to dream about it in my sleep!   Once we got the two poles in the ground and filled with concrete we started digging holes to put the five butterfly bushes in place.   Den dug(thank goodness) while I put the bushes in place, and then I placed some landscaping brick around each bush.  Tomorrow we will place chicken wire and screen around each bush so that the chickens can peck at them. Hopefully this will provide them with some shelter and shade in the future.   After being outside for about 4 hours and starting to really feel the Texas heat, we decided to go in. After cleaning up we headed to go run errands and buy groceries. By the time we got home it was already after 4 O'clock.  We unloaded groceries, put everything away and once again headed outside.  A little more work on the chicken run, some yard work and pet time and then back indoors we went. 
I made sausage gravy and biscuits for supper~nothing like breakfast for supper and then we ate, cleaned up the kitchen, went and put all of the animals up for the night and here I sit at almost 10 o'clock and I can honestly say that I am ready to call it a night and go to bed!!!
Hopefully I will get pictures posted tomorrow so please stay tuned!
How was your Saturday?
Hope it was awesome. Goodnight and God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment