Monday, July 1, 2013

Busy, Busy Bee, Oh My Oh Me!

Wow life sure has been busy lately! I made a promise to myself that when I started this blog, it was really just a journal for me and for my family and friends to be able to follow along and keep up with our journey here at Itty Bitty Acres.  I promised myself that I would blog daily!!! Hahahaha! Epic fail on my part!.....I had good intentions, but sometimes my brain is so tired by the time evening rolls around that I can't think of a thing to blog about, and yet all day long a million things went thru my head.   Go figure.   I will be exhausted and then lay down to go to sleep and think of a million things that I want to write about, but I know if I get up and start writing it will wake me up and then 5:45am will come way too soon.
So what has been going on at Itty Bitty Acres? 
  Well we have been working our tails off on the chicken run and chicken coop. Had to do some maintenance work on the barn, had to do some major yard work, we are still cleaning up debris from the last wind storm and we both have been super busy at work, you know the place......the one that actually pays you! lol. 
We had company come out and visit with all of the animals one night so that was fun and the weather here has been H-O-T, HOT. I am talking 108, 105, 104, hot. We still had to be out in the heat working around the property and I think we overdid it just a little bit.  This past weekend, we chilled out a little and only worked outside in the early morning hours, and the evening hours.  We even sneaked in an afternoon nap on Saturday!!!!!!Can you believe it???? Me taking a nap is almost unheard of and if I do take a nap I take a 15 minute power nap and that is it and those are very rare, but on Saturday I told my husband that I was taking a nap and that he should too!

His response was "Really?" (I won't lie, I am known as quite the slave driver!)
 I replied, "Really."  
His response was, "For how long?" 
and my answer was, "until we wake up" 
and his response was, "Is this a trick?"

I assured him it was not and I crashed on the love seat and he crashed on the sofa and 3 and 1/2 hours later, I woke up......and felt like I had been hit by a truck! It made me remember why I don't take naps!!!! My hubby on the other hand, said it made him feel great!

THEN.......on Sunday afternoon, he took another nap and I read a really good book!  So that was our week in a nutshell.......oh

And we got to watch one of our chickens peck my poor Nigerian Dwarf goat in the butt!!!! Poor dear felt violated I am sure, then yesterday said chicken pecked me on the foot, and pecked Buzz our miniature horse on the nose and then tonight took off chasing our cat....Poor Mr. Beasley didn't know what to think!!! 

Oh and did I mention that I think that we have three roosters?????? Yep I think that just might be the case.....wonder if that is why the little booger that is pecking everyone?   

Well that is our adventurous week here at Itty Bitty Acres in a nutshell. 
How was your week?
God Bless Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment