Tuesday, July 30, 2013

A Little Bit of Rambling.

It has been almost a month since I blogged.   Life sure does get busy sometimes.  I really don't know where this month has gone.  

The best part of this month is that my hubby and I celebrated 22 years of marriage this month! Yea us! I sure do love my hubby! He is definitely a keeper!

Today was a sad day on the farm...our sweet cat, Mr. Beasley had a run in on Highway 114 and did not survive.  Poor Dennis unfortunately is who found him on  the side of the highway right in front of our house.  Dennis is such an animal lover and it was heartbreaking for him to be the one to find him.


Mr. Beasley will be missed. He was an awesome cat and just the sweetest baby ever.  Rest in peace Mr. Beasley, we love you and will miss you.

I recently had a long talk with my Mom and it really opened my eyes to some things. I hate that my sister and I had talked several times in the last several months and talked about the fact that Mom just always seemed grumpy and just flat out unhappy and so unlike herself anymore.  A few weeks ago my kiddos, who are 19 and almost 21 went and surprised my family for a weekend. My kiddos came home and said they really didn't enjoy being around my Mom that she seemed moody and just overall grumpy.  This floored me. I called my sister who lives by Mom and asked her what was going on.  She told me, "that is Mom for you."  My sister and I talked and we agreed something had to change. She sat my Mom down and told her exactly how she had made my kiddos feel and it broke my poor Mom's heart! She would never do anything to hurt one of her grand kids and we all knew that was true. She decided to go to the doctor and he said she definitely has anxiety and prescribed something to help her during stressful situations, but more importantly he told her she has to learn how to deal with stress.  If there is anything anyone gets out of this blog....please let it be this.....people age, and as we age life isn't always as easy to handle as we think it should be.  Things that may have never upset or bothered us before all of the sudden does.   Please, please, please, if you notice someone you love has started to have a personality change, they seem easily upset or stressed, or moody or depressed or negative a lot....love them enough to lovingly talk to them and ask them what is going on and be honest and let them know that you have noticed a difference in their personality.    Mom told me, "I knew that things got to where they were bothering me more, I just didn't realize that it was effecting me in a way that was evident to other people."   
Take care of your family people! It is the only one you got!!!

We have been so much time outside doing yard work and farm maintenance that I haven't been online a whole lot, but I am still here so God bless everyone hope you  had a great July and remember August is just around the corner!



No comments:

Post a Comment